Saturday, June 16, 2012

Nokia Sustainability Challenge Day #6

Summary:
In the previous day, I have got the Incandescent light bulbs in my apartments replaced with CFL ones and also insisted on installation of solar panel to power the water pump to draw water. I went to the sub-urban regions of my city to do something good for our Environment.

Day #6 Going to the green side



If you are living in Chennai, you can hardly find any trees inside the city. I traveled to the sub-urban regions of my city Chennai where you can breathe fresh air and find people living in harmony with the Environment. But the condition has changed now as Urbanization has begun in those regions. The people sell their lands for money and the buyer just cuts away all the trees and projects a multi-storey building.  


It would be effective if I could talk with the people of those region on their issues and why to stop cutting of trees. I jumped in to a train to go there. Below is a video I recorded during the journey. As you can see below, the place is so green. However you can also find uprising of new buildings and many trees disappeared.



This is heaven. One of the Eco destinations which is pollution free and you can breathe fresh air and feel the cool sea breeze.




I called the people over there and explained the need for trees to maintain our Environment sustainable. A few people understood my speech while many just left away. However I was satisfied that I made atleast around 10 people to realize the consequences of deforestation and also to protect the Environment. 

Monsoon is coming :-) I got the rain water storage tank fixed before that. It is our sole duty to maintain the balance in our ecosystem and not to disturb it. A single plastic bottle can remain inside the soil for years and is non-degradable. Instead, one can recycle them for reuse or stop using them and go with eco-friendly ways.

The day went so fast as most of the time was spent in the journey itself. While I'm performing these tasks, the "Nokia Sustainability Project" I was creating is getting rendered in my laptop. I think I am almost going to kill  my laptop by giving it a massive task. Here is a image I have rendered for Nokia Sustainability Week :)

Click on it to enjoy the pic in full resolution:


Tomorrow will the final day of Nokia Sustainability Challenge and I am hoping to do more better tomorrow. Stay tuned for Day #7








0 comments:

Post a Comment